You never get a second chance to create a good first impression. The same is true when talking about how to start a speech
First, the trust is, when you start your speech you must focus everything on making a positive first impression on your audience members.
- Compliment The Audience– Smile as if you are really glad to see them
“It is an honor to be here with you today. You are the elite, the top 10 percent of people in this industry. Only the very best people in any field will take the time and make the sacrifice to come so far for a conference like this.”
- Start With A Positive Statement – You can begin by telling the audience members how much they will like and enjoy what you have to say.
- Thank The Organizers And Audience- You can start by thanking the audience for coming and thanking the organization for inviting you to speak. This compliments them, makes the feel proud and happy about your presence, and connects you into the audience like an electrical plug in a socket.
- Start Your Speech By Giving Them Hope – The period from the previous period the only religion of mankind is, and always has been, hope
When you speak effectively, you give people hope of some kind.
- This visual image of you holding the paper and reciting or reading a key point rivets the audience’s attention and causes people to lean forward to hear what you have to say.
- Refer To A Well Known Person- You can start by quoting a well-known person or new publication that recently made an best and important statement I will say something like,
- Make A Shocking Statement – You can start your talk by making a shocking and terrible statement of some kind
- Start Your Speech By Refering To Current Events – Use a current event front-page news story to transition into your subject and to illustrate or prove your point. You can bring a copy of the newspaper and hold it up as you refer to it in your introduction.
- Be Entertaining- Always in the line of every speech should be a fun hidden, A line in which everything , for example : Recent Conversation, Recent Research, Recent Historical Event, and more
- Ask A Question- You can open by making a positive statement and then asking a question requiring a show of hands.
Invariably, someone will say, “We all are!”
I then compliment and affirm the answer:
- Open With A Problem – You can start with a problem that must be solved. If it is a problem that almost everyone has in common, you will immediately have the audience’s complete and undivided attention
- Bonus Tip: Tell Them About Yourself – In the speech always say about your self, I will start a speech to a business, sales, or entrepreneurial group by saying
“I started off without graduating from high school. My family had no money. Everything I accomplished in life I had to do on my own with very little help from anyone else.”
- Tell A Story – You can start your talk with a story. Some of the most powerful words grab the complete attention of the audience are, “Once upon a time…
- Bonus Tip: Get Them Talking To One Another – You can ask people to turn to the person next to them to discuss a particular point.
For instance, you could say something abot like it:
“Tell the person next to you what you would like to learn from this seminar.”
How do you start a speech? Let me know in the comments.